ABOUT CREATIVE EDUCATION (CRED) INTERNATIONAL
At CrEd, we are revolutionising education by harnessing the power of drama, musical theatre and the creative arts to cultivate holistic learning experiences and equip individuals of all ages with essential 21st-century life skills as recommended by the World Economic Forum.
We believe in educational equity and excellence, and our programmes are designed to contribute directly to the wider educational systems and society as a whole.
This internationally acclaimed program is aimed at developing confidence, communication skills, personality, creativity, imagination, self-expression, self-esteem and social skills. This is done through continuous work on body movement, structured and unstructured speech, snippets, improvisation and other performing arts techniques.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for part time speech & drama teachers who will undergo a thorough international training on our methodology and technique of teaching. You will be expected to:
1. To have sole responsibility for the teaching of the CrEd International Curriculum to children and young adults.
2. Lessen prepping and supervision
3. To ensure that students interact positively with each other promoting an ethos of mutual respect and understanding.
4. Ensure that the Student Safety Policy (Health and Safety Policy) and Child Protection Policies of the various venues are adhered to at all times.
5. To attend staff meetings and any other training as required.
6. To conduct trainings to other teaching staff as required
7. All administration components of teaching will be expected to be completed
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
1. A Bachelors degree in any field. One in education/ drama/ theatre/ film/ social studies is an advantage.
2. Knowledge on how to work with children, and prior experience is an advantage.
3. Compassion, professionalism, commitment and passion for teaching drama
4. A creative mind
5. Adherance to key deliverables, effective reporting and ability to learn and improve.
6. A high standard of personal speech in all communication with students and parents and possess good PR skills
7. Energetic, fun-loving and willing to keep learning and growing.
We are recruiting for a part time drama teacher. This position is based in Nairobi and only open for those eligible to work in Kenya.
Please submit you application by clicking on the link below.
Kenya Creative Education International (CrEd) which was formally known as Helen O’Grady Drama Academy will increase the offering for children and adults in Africa. This exciting change reflects our commitment to providing a broader range of programmes and opportunities to enhance skills in creative thinking, collaboration, critical thinking, communication, and overall confidence.